Saturday, January 2, 2010

I want to ride my bicycle--I want to ride my biiiike!



For Christmas this year, we got some bicycles!  This has been an awesome development for us since we haven't really had any mode of transportation for the past couple of months.  Unfortunately the bikes we got were used bikes off of gumtree (uk/aus craigslist) and are probably as old as we are.  Above, we are changing the inner tube of kara's bike that went flat within the first week of riding.  Adding to the list are the derailleurs which for one of us cannot stay in one gear and the other cannot reach all the gears.  My pedals also make a strange clicking noise with each rotation, and there are whole bunch of noises coming from the rear sprocket which I am pretty sure is harming my bike further with each turn.  It's been fun, however, to exercise the marginally mechanical side of me while relatively easy on the wallet--thank god I didn't get a motorcycle that was as old we are.

Aside from thrilling trips to the grocery store, we're starting to see more of the city.  Yesterday we did a 20km loop around West and North Melbourne.  If we can stay on task with our posting, you'll be seeing more of those posts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment