Monday, October 26, 2009

Hit the ground runnin'

 It's kind of nice to be doing the city thing again after a month off up in Surfer's.  We recently got the keys to our new apartment at 708/547 Flinders Lane (The complete address is followed by "Melbourne, VIC 3000" for those of you wishing to send cookies, formal business attire, and large sums of cash), and over the last weekend we spent at least 5 or 6 hours wandering through the labyrinth that is IKEA.  I am proud to announce that we were able to purchase a new table, chairs, essential kitchenware, a shelf/dresser, pillows, a big assortment of cups, and a Swedish table runner for under $560.

To our great relief, IKEA delivers.

In addition to our massive furniture delivery today was my first day at work.  I work in a very small office that mostly does building inspections but also some project management and provides an enormous variety of building and property reports.  To make things short, I will be attending my first field trip on Wednesday, we have a beer fridge, and it is written into the company manual that after work on Fridays the office goes out to the local pub for drinks.  Oh Australia.  Best of all, I couldn't help but post my 10-15 minute walk to work every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment